We’re opening the third call for artists to apply for a Platform residency supported by the Freelands Artist Programme.
‘What is it?’
Each year, five artists from the region are selected to join the programme for two years. Each will receive over £20,000 worth of investment including a fee, specialist support, professional development and opportunities to exhibit.
This cohort of artists will begin in January 2021.
The programme is delivered by Site Gallery in partnership with Bloc Projects, S1 Artspace, Museums Sheffield and Yorkshire Artspace.
Each selected artist will participate for a two-year period, receiving £20,000 worth of investment. This will include a fee, Site Gallery’s past residencies have supported many artists to go to national and international success. Artists have credited the experience as a critical moment in their careers with many gaining important opportunities following their residency. Many have used the initial work to fuel several years of artistic development.
‘What can I expect?’
- £5,000 fee per year for two years
- A production budget for a work-in-progress exhibition at Site or one of our partners
- An opportunity to be part of a show curated at the Freelands Foundation in London
- Support from writers and photographers to document your work and processes
- Support and budget to develop public programming
- A bespoke summer school at S1 Artspace
- Mentorship from arts professionals in the city
- An annual conference, research trip and networking opportunities
‘Am I eligible?’
You are if you:
- have studio space or practice in the Sheffield City Region – Sheffield, Rotherham, Barnsley and Doncaster.
- live and work in the UK
- by January 2021, have had a minimum of three years demonstrated practice since your career as an artist began. If you attended university you must have three years practice since graduating.
- are able to commit time to the programme between January 2021 and winter 2022.
Please note – there is no upper age limit and artists can be of any nationality.
‘When is the deadline for proposals and are there other key dates?’
Monday, 7 September 2020 at 11.59pm.
Artists will be shortlisted by the selection panel on 17 September 2020.
The five selected artists will be announced by 02 October 2020.
‘Who is on the selection panel?’
‘Who can I get in touch with to find out more?’
You can email Robyn Haddon at any time. We will host a Q+A on Zoom on August 5. Details to follow!
‘I want to apply or I know someone who should, what’s next?’
Please fill in our application form. If you have any difficulties with the form, or you want to respond in alternative way, get in touch.
This programme is funded by the Freelands Foundation through the Freelands Artists Programme