Love contemporary art and want to be part of the local scene in the city?
We have a unique opportunity for you to become a voluntary Site Gallery Ambassador. This is a great chance to be part of the cultural life of the city and to make a long-term difference.
We are looking for student ambassadors from varied disciplines and years of study to contribute to an exciting, dynamic team, working with Site Gallery and staff at SHU, fellow students and artists.
- To stimulate awareness and ideas around Site Gallery and Transmission. programme, including exhibitions, lectures, workshops.
- To promote attendance for Site Gallery and Transmission events.
- Sharing information and news with peers through social media.
- Promoting events at student fairs and events.
- Distribution of information at events, University and also around the city.
- Assist with audience evaluation.
- Contribute ideas to audience development and marketing.
- Conduct tours and talks for new groups.
We are looking for people who:
- Enjoy talking about contemporary art and meeting new people.
- Are keen to inspire others to discover contemporary visual art in Sheffield.
- Use of social media and happy to assist in sharing information.
You would need to:
- Regularly attend Site Gallery exhibitions, events and Transmission lectures.
- Attend ambassador meetings every 6-8 weeks.
- Help with additional events in between meetings.
- Can commit at least 6 months as an arts ambassador, helping with a variety of tasks and events throughout the year.
You would benefit from:
- Professional development within the contemporary visual arts sector.
- Great networking and socialising opportunities.
- Being the first to know about events.
- Free attendance of all ticketed events at Site Gallery.
- Behind-the-scenes tours and talks with artists and curators.
- 10% discount in the Site Gallery shop.
- Complimentary drink at preview events.
To apply, please send us:
- A copy of your current CV
- An expression of interest outlining why you think you would make an excellent arts ambassador for Site Gallery and Transmission