Site Gallery is partnering with Sheffield DocFest to offer up to £15,000 for an artist to create an imaginative digital work. We welcome applications for new digital works or projects in development that need completion funding.
The commission will be included in the Alternate Realities 2022 exhibition programme and exhibited here at Site during the festival, with the possibility of an extended exhibition run.
This open call is for artists who work in digital non-fiction, create immersive experiences or experiment with new technologies. We encourage applications from debut, emerging and established artists and collectives from the UK and internationally.
Previous commissioned artists and artworks include:
- Assent, Oscar Raby, 2015
- FINAL DAYS, Heather Phillipson, 2015
- Indefinite, Darren Emerson, 2016
- Future Aleppo, Alex Pearson/Marshmallow Laser Feast, 2017
- Face to Face, Michaela Holland & Michelle Gabel, 2018
- Spectre, Bill Posters & Daniel Howe, 2019
- In Posse, Charlotte Jarvis, 2020
- The Registry, Alex Tyson, 2021
- Right on Time Radio, Himali Singh Soin, Karim Kattan & Yasmine Benabdallah, Les Bonnes Ondes feat. Layal Rhanem, micro.radio, Yasmina Reggad, AWU Radio, 2021
For a closer look into past commissioned artworks, look here.
How to apply?
For more information and to apply, please visit Sheffield DocFest’s website here.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 27 February 2022.