The Jerwood Choreographic Research Project is now open for applications!
The scheme is open to artists/creatives working in any art form who are interested in open-ended research that they consider ‘choreographic’.
Contributors have identified some possible research ideas as relevant for the sector for the development of choreography:
- Formal concerns such as movement vocabulary development, new choreographic languages, composition
- Narrative experiments & storytelling forms
- Dramaturgy and structure
- Modes of engagement with audiences: participation and accessibility, interaction with active audiences
- Amateur and community practice used in professional frames
- New theatrical formats
- Forms of sociability & community building
- Politics / Society / Activism: work which explores urgent issues of society and agency
- Interest / collaboration with another discipline
- Performance and the role of dancers / performers
- Curation and the role of the choreographer
Deadline for applications is 19 October, 2016.
JCHP is a National Dance Network initiative, led and delivered by the Birmingham-based DanceXchange.